Thursday, December 18, 2008

goodbye Germany...


Hamburg, Germany, Day 2: Big breakfast, Big city hall, Big beer, Big dinner, Big hopes for such a small girl...




The German City hall, or Rathous, was absolutely stunning. It was amazing to see one of the most beautiful buildings in Hamburg, and possibly in most of europe, but moreso incredible to witness a woman so passionate about her city and government to give such a wonderful and animated tour. I learned so much about Hamburg!
After the tour we went to a real German Biergarten where I drank a Liter of Hofbrau... meaning "high brewing." It was a delicious beer from Munchen. The theme of 'big' continued at that point... My belly was Enormous!! and my confidence was growing as well =) On our journey back to Kara's apartment, we walked past all of the amazing bakeries and shops and sipped on some hot chocolate in the chilly 40 degree weather! Ill never forget the hidden smiles from all of the Germans as I gasped and pointed in amazement at all of the delicious food in the windows.

Well, a 6 am wake up call is just hours away, along with a 4 and a half hour train ride to Aarhus to finally meet up with Megan! I have had such a great time in Hamburg, and thanks to Kara and Jim, I can't wait to come back. I am really going to miss Germany... but extremely excited to make it to Denmark tomorrow!

...I have taken so many pictures along the way in beautiful hamburg that I decided to consolidate them into a little video.... I hope you enjoy!


No comments: