Friday, December 19, 2008

plane rides.. train rides... liters of beer... and beauty everywhere =)

10:42am and currently feeling: Sleepy, excited, antsy, and a little sad

It was an early morning. Sleeping is still a little difficult, both the time difference of 9 hours, and being away from my family is the hardest to deal with at night. When the lights are out, and it’s afternoon time in San Francisco, my mind wanders and my body doesn’t allow me to sleep. I find myself watching the stars through the window by my bed, and hoping someone back home is looking at them too. Regardless, I am still loving every second of my journey, and counting my blessings for having the opportunity to experience an amazing part of the world.

Last night was a lot of fun and a perfect way to spend my last night in Hamburg. Kara, Jim and I made gluten free pizza, had a bottle of wine, listened to some great German rap, (YouTube D-Bo) and talked. We had a long day in the city, so I deserved to relax! Saying goodbye was a little sad…

Today I had to wake up at 6:30 am to pack and head to the Bahn station. There I had some more trouble with my calling card; I promised a phone call to one of my friends back in the US but was unsuccessful, Sorry =( I think I am just going to give up on it at this point. I am currently on the ICE train to Aarhus, Denmark. I have been craving coffee since I left the US, not a cappuccino, or a latte, just a plain, black, cup of coffee. Oddly enough, the train is the first place I’ve found it! So, at this moment I am drinking a 2,90 euro cup of coffee, and reading my new book, Night Train to Lisbon by Pascal Mercier.


My ride to Denmark will take about 4 hours and 25 minutes; I am supposed to arrive in Aarhus at 13:55, and be greeted by Megan! Finally!!


I am planning on colder weather in Denmark, but some warmer and sunnier days once I reach Italy and Spain. We’ll see.


4:53 am and currently feeling: a little sleepy…

Well, today was definitely filled with fun and adventure. Denmark is gorgeous, but absolutely FREEZING!!! We just got home from the night club, and it was pouring rain and about 38 degrees outside. YUCK!
Finally meeting up with Megan was so great. I was afraid I wasn’t going to be able to find her in the train station… but once I did, it brought tears to our eyes! We chatted the entire bus ride back to her flat, it was so nice to be reunited again!

Well, I need to sleep, another long day awaits tomorrow!! I will write soon and post up some pictures of today’s festivities… As for tomorrow, the Denmark Symphony Orchestra, some ice skating, a little shopping, and back to the night club again for our last evening in Denmark!
Miss everyone and some great stories will be posted in the next day or two.

No comments: