Monday, March 16, 2009

pre-production thoughts...What I eat and drink in a day...

Tomorrow morning, on my blog, I will be documenting an entire day of what I am eating. This is an assignment for my ESF class, but has potential to really be beneficial to my current eating habits. Here is the link to my professors blog which has the assignment criteria, check it out. Also, take a look at his blog, it's very entertaining!

http://silverinsf.blogspot.com/2009/03/what-i-eat-and-drink-in-day-assignment.html

going beyond ESF:

Its funny how Professor Silver decided to assign us this project at this time. Over the past couple of weeks (after the start of my job at 95.7 along with my job at Toast and still taking 18 units at school, combined of which consume 17 hours of my day) I have really been thinking about how unhealthy my eating habits have become. I have no time to run anymore, therefore all exercise is non existent, and because of that, I try to compensate by lowering my calorie intake. Most times this means, grabbing tiny snacks on the go during the day, and realizing around 9pm that I'm starving. Then I decide to eat a full meal, go to sleep with a full tummy, and wake up feeling a bit uncomfortable. At that point, I'm still full from my 9pm feast and therefore don't eat breakfast. Its a vicious cycle.

I'm hoping that documenting this pattern and reading about everyone's healthy habits will make me realize that I need to take more time out of my day to eat healthy.

The first step is recognizing the problem, right?

No comments: